An SBDC signature course, only offered once a year. Strategic planning for businesses that are ready to grow.
One day a week for 5 weeks, 9:00am-4:00pm
Thursdays, August 10, 17, 24, 31 & September 7
Looking for a less-risky way to become a business owner? Join the UGA SBDC in Athens for our 2nd Annual Franchising Forum to learn all about franchise ownership.
- Meet the best available franchises in Georgia!
- Hear from real franchise owners about their experiences making the jump to entrepreneur and how they have been successful.
- Learn about the franchising process including financing options from our panel of experts.
- Discover a variety of affordable franchise businesses some under $100,000 total investment.
If you have ever wanted to work for yourself, you won’t want to miss this incredibly informative event. Look for this event coming June 2017.
6th Annual Women’s Business Expo
A regional favorite is back!
It’s a wonderful day of networking, professional development, and lunch for area business women.
Save the Date: Thursday, October 5, 2017
Registration coming soon. Vendor opportunities available, email Stacy Johnson at email@example.com.
An SBDC signature course, only offered once a year, designed for entrepreneurs who:
- have been in business for less than two years or who want to start a business
- want to open a different location or pursue a new business venture
- need to develop a detailed business plan to acquire funding
StartSMART is a facilitated learning environment. There is an application process in which we do our best to eliminate competitors so that each entrepreneur can feel free to openly discuss their business with the class and guest speakers. So apply today before your competitor gets your spot.
The Athens course will be held five Fridays for 5 weeks:
January 27, 9am-noon
February 3, 10, 17, 9am-4pm
February 24, 9am-noon
For a limited time we are offering an Early Bird Special of $295 (which is $200 off the normal price of $495). After your application is submitted and if you are accepted into the course you will receive a promo code to be used at checkout.
Starting A Business
Covers important tools and resources a business owner needs to establish a solid foundation during its early formative years. Register with a friend for a discount. Free for service-connected disabled veterans, call 706-542-7436 for details.
Wednesday, October 5th
Alternative Financing Forum
For businesses or new start-ups in need of finance options. A panel of experts will discuss alternative means for gaining access to the financing. Hosted by Celtic Bank.
Tuesday, September 13